The following wellbeing videos will help you improve personal, team and workplace wellbeing. We’ve used our CANBE model to categorise them but it is often the case that the content is relevant to many dimensions of wellbeing. Why not share the videos with friends, colleagues or in your workplace to encourage discussions and thinking about wellbeing?
As we find new material that could be useful we’ll update the page accordingly. However if you know of wellbeing videos that you think we should be aware of please let us know.
- TED Video – Nic Marks – The Happy Planet Index – introduces the Happy Planet Index, which tracks national wellbeing against resource use.
- TED Video – Dan Gilbert – The surprising science of happiness
- TED Video – Matthieu Ricard – The habits of happiness
- TED – Simon Anholt – Which country does the most good for the world? Simon explains the Good Country Index. You might be surprised with the results!
Videos that explore values, purpose, personality, character and more. Chasing happiness can actually make you less happy. Pursuing a life of meaning where you serve something bigger than yourself and live life to your best abilities can help build our wellbeing.
- TED – Simon Sinek – How great leaders inspire action – Elaborates the importance of having a reason why. In other words how to create meaning for people.
- TED – Dan Ariely – What makes us feel good about work? Most of us thrive by making constant progress and feeling a sense of purpose.
- TED Video – Emily Esfahani Smith – There’s more to life than being happy, Hear about the 4 pillars of meaning including belonging, purpose, transcendence and story-telling.
- TED Video – Brian Little – Who are you, really? The puzzle of personality. Describes the malleability of personality, the importance of projects and why it’s so important not to pigeon-hole.
- TED Video – Viktor Frankl – Why believe in others
- TED Video by Jane McGonigal – Gaming can make a better world – How the lessons from gaming including blissful productivity, social fabric, urgent optimism and epic meaning can help save the world.
- TED Video – Rick Warren – A life of purpose. Using our talents and influence to do good.
Achieving sustainable growth
Videos to help you be more productive and focused on achieving what you want. Develop better habits.
- TED Video – Judson Brewer – A simple way to break a bad habit. How being mindful and curiously aware of what’s happening in your body in the moment can help change habits. Triggers, behaviours and rewards.
- TED Video – Flow, The Secret to Happiness – Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi explores those who find pleasure and lasting satisfaction in activities that bring about a state of “flow.”
Videos to help you develop better relationships at home and work.
Videos to challenge your thinking and help with physical, mental, psychological, social, financial and environmental wellbeing. Diet, exercise, sleep, stress, relaxation, meditation, mindfulness and more.
- Economics of Happiness – Award-winning documentary on the Economics of Happiness
- TEDx – Carol Dweck – The power of believing that you can improve
- TED – Andy Puddicombe – All it takes is ten mindful minutes – The transformative power of meditation.
- TED – Kelly McGonigal – How to make stress your friend – Shares new research outlining the importance of how you think about stress (stress mindset) to how you react to it.
- Matthew Killingsworth’s TED Talk – Want to be happier? Stay in the moment
- Hedy Kober’s TEDx Talk – How can mindfulness help us
Videos to get you thinking about the ‘me’ and ‘we’ of wellbeing. Focusing on positive emotions and actions like gratitude, forgiveness, enjoyment, celebration, confidence and optimism.
- TED Video – David Steindl-Rast – Want to be happy? Be grateful
- TED – Amy Cuddy – Your body language may shape who you are. How simply holding the ‘Superman pose’ for a couple of minutes can make you feel more confident.
- TED – Daniel Goleman – Why aren’t we more compassionate? We’re wired to help others but let things get in the way. You can cultivate compassion by taking time to notice, empathise and act.
Watching wellbeing videos can help us understand the topic better but it’s not the whole story. Just like most things changing is the hard part. Improveon provides consulting, coaching and training services to help design, develop and deliver the most effective solutions to meet the needs of individuals, managers, leaders, teams, brands and organisations.
If you’d like a conversation about how Improveon can help you, your team or organisation get in touch using the contact/schedule now button and book a free consultation. Alternatively:
- email email@example.com
- Phone 07753 430 557 or 01202 830 601
- Leave a message on our contact page and we’ll be back in touch
Let’s link up
If you think this page contains some useful wellbeing videos why not share a link to it with others. After all sharing makes us feel good and helps build our wellbeing!