Find out about some of the latest and most high profile wellbeing research we’ve come across in each of the areas of our CANBE model. Of course research is constantly being updated and we’ll keep this page as current as we possibly can. If you know of research that you think we should be aware of please let us know.
At Improveon we take an approach which balances research with common sense, experience, emotions and even our own gut feelings. After all research can be extremely useful in supporting our decision making but it can also be inconclusive, misguided or even plain wrong!
General wellbeing research
- University of Cambridge Department of Psychology Wellbeing Institute – research to enhance the lives of individuals, organisations, and communities
- LSE Wellbeing Programme – research into the causes and effects of wellbeing, wellbeing policy and mental health
- Vitality Insurance – Britain’s Healthiest Workplace – studies the links between wellbeing and productivity
- Reward & Employee Benefits Association – The evolution of workplace wellbeing in the UK – Assessing the effectiveness of workplace wellbeing initiatives
- World Database of Happiness – a collection of findings on happiness in the sense of ‘the subjective enjoyment of one’s life as-a-whole’.
Research which supports the benefits of having meaning and purpose to our wellbeing
- Meaning in the workplace – HRO Today
- The Importance of Meaning in the Workplace – Chief Learning Officer
This research emphasises the benefits of focusing on wellbeing to our success. In essence it suggests that a focus on wellbeing being brings success but a focus on success won’t necessarily bring us greater wellbeing!
- Happiness and Productivity – Andrew J. Oswald, Eugenio Proto, Daniel Sgroi.
The Role of Psychological Well-Being in Job Performance: A Fresh Look at an Age-Old Quest – Thomas A Wright, Russell Cropanzano
Research that demonstrates the importance of relationships to our overall wellbeing.
- Dynamic spread of happiness in a large social network: longitudinal analysis over 20 years in the Framingham Heart Study – J.H. Fowler and N.A. Christakis
Building Resilience & Sustainability
This research shows the importance of resilience to wellbeing.
- Employee resilience and leadership styles: The moderating role of proactive personality and optimism – Quyen Nguyen, Joana R.C. Kuntz, Katharina Näswall, Sanna Malinen
- All about resilience – Psychology Today
Enriching & Elevating Lives
Explores the impact on our wellbeing and the wellbeing of others through how we think, feel and subsequently behave.
- Happy People Live Longer: Subjective Well-Being Contributes to Health and Longevity – Ed Diener, Micaela Y. Chan
Using wellbeing research to back up our thinking is important but it’s not the whole story. Just like most things sometimes we just need to use our common sense and experience. Improveon provides consulting, coaching and training services based on a combination of research, common sense and experience to help design, develop and deliver the most effective solutions to meet the needs of individuals, managers, leaders, teams, brands and organisations.
If you’d like a conversation about how Improveon can help you, your team or organisation get in touch using the contact/schedule now button and book a free consultation. Alternatively:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 07753 430 557 or 01202 830 601
- Leave a message on our contact page and we’ll be back in touch
Let’s link up
If you think this page contains some useful information about wellbeing research why not share a link to it with others. After all sharing makes us feel good and helps build our wellbeing!