Here is a list of organisations that either explicitly or implicitly focus on wellbeing. Access their sites to find out more about how they are helping change the agenda. What you’ll notice from viewing these sites is how their combined focus is starting to align around the wellbeing agenda with an aim for greater prosperity and flourishing for all.
We think our own definition of wellbeing, which is, the long-term state when people can be at their best for themselves, others and the world around them, aligns nicely with this work.
- United Nations – Through it’s UN Sustainability Goals and the 2030 Agenda provides a new plan of action for people, planet and prosperity, with 17 SDGs and 169 associated targets at its core.
- Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) – helps governments foster prosperity and fight poverty through economic growth and financial stability.
- Gross National Happiness USA – has a mission to increase personal happiness and collective wellbeing by changing how we measure progress and success. Lots of resources on their site.
- Greater Good Science Center at UC Berkeley provides science based insights for a meaningful life.
- Delos Wellbuilding standard – The world’s first building standard focused exclusively on human health and wellness.
- Bcorp – A leading a global movement to redefine success in business.
- Blueprint for better business – supporting and challenging business to be a force for good
- Legatum Institute – An international think tank and educational charity which seeks to provide evidence-based solutions for those who would seek free, just and flourishing societies.
- Network of Wellbeing (NOW) – Have a vision of a world where everyone’s wellbeing needs are met within the planet’s natural limits. NOW works with partners, Wellbeing Ambassadors, and others to build a network of people and organisations who are committed to the concept of holistic wellbeing.
- Action for Happiness – helping people take action for a happier and more caring world
- Carnegie Trust – Influencing policy and delivering innovative practice across the UK and Ireland.
- Resilience.org – building community resilience in a world of multiple emerging challenges: the decline of cheap energy, the depletion of critical resources like water, complex environmental crises like climate change and biodiversity loss, and the social and economic issues which are linked to these
- World Happiness Forum – Tools & Techniques for happiness and wellbeing
- Global Action Plan – On a mission to tackle our throw away culture and the harmful effect this has on the wellbeing of each of us and our living world.
Aligned with the thinking from the wellbeing organisations above Improveon provides consulting, coaching and training services focused on wellbeing. We design, develop and deliver the most effective solutions to meet the needs of individuals, managers, leaders, teams, brands and organisations.
If you’d like a conversation about how Improveon can help you, your team or organisation get in touch using the contact/schedule now button and book a free consultation. Alternatively:
- email email@example.com
- Phone 07753 430 557 or 01202 830 601
- Leave a message on our contact page and we’ll be back in touch
Let’s link up
If you think this page contains some useful information about wellbeing organisations why not share a link to it with others. After all sharing makes us feel good and helps build our wellbeing!