These wellbeing books are the best we’ve come across in each of the areas of our CANBE model. They often provide real life accounts, practical advice and tips on how to improve in each of the following domains of wellbeing.
- Flourish: A New Understanding of Happiness and Well-Being – and how to Achieve Them – Martin Seligman
- wbfinder.com – Books on all aspects of wellbeing from career, social, financial, physical, community and more
- Greater Good Science Centre – Favourite Books of 2017
- Csikszentmihalyi (2008). Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience. New York, NY: HarperCollins.
Books that help us understand the importance of meaning, purpose and motivation to our wellbeing.
- Viktor E. Frankl – Man’s search for meaning
- Dan Pink – Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us
Books that help us achieve more through understanding the interplay between wellbeing and success.
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Paperback – Stephen R. Covey
- The Happiness Advantage: The Seven Principles of Positive Psychology that Fuel Success and Performance at Work – Shawn Achor
- The Power of Habit – Charles Duhigg
Books that help us understand the skills required to nurture stronger relationships and build support networks for better personal, team and group wellbeing.
- Emotional Intelligence: Why it can matter more than IQ – Daniel Goleman
- How to win friends & influence people – Dale Carnegie
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion – Robert B., PhD Cialdini
Books that help us understand the importance of resilience to wellbeing. We live in unprecedented times of change and we need to be more flexible, adaptable, persistent and creative than ever before.
- Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance – Angela Duckworth
- Dweck (2007). Mindset: The New Psychology of Success. New York, NY: Ballantine Books.
Books that help us understand the importance of positive actions to enrich both our own lives but also the lives of others.
- Emotional Agility: Get Unstuck, Embrace Change and Thrive in Work and Life – Susan David
- Elizabeth Dunn & Michael Norton, Happy Money: The Science of Happier Spending
- Susan Jeffers, Feel The Fear And Do It Anyway: How to Turn Your Fear and Indecision into Confidence and Action
Learning from books can play a part in improving wellbeing but it’s not the whole story. Just like most things the hardest part is actually changing. Improveon provides consulting, coaching and training services to help design, develop and deliver the most effective solutions to meet the needs of individuals, managers, leaders, teams, brands and organisations.
If you’d like a conversation about how Improveon can help you, your team or organisation get in touch using the contact/schedule now button and book a free consultation. Alternatively:
- email email@example.com
- Phone 07753 430 557 or 01202 830 601
- Leave a message on our contact page and we’ll be back in touch
Let’s link up
If you think there are some useful books in this page why not share a link to it with a family member, friend, colleague, team mate or your employees. After all sharing makes us feel good and helps build our wellbeing!